The Winelands Cycle Race, a seeding race for the 2022 Cape Town Cycle Tour, takes place on Sunday 30 January 2022, starting and finishing at Hugenote Primary in Wellington. The race will take place on a route along the Berg River from Wellington via Hermon and Riebeek West and back to Wellington.
There will be 2 races of 112km and 86km under the auspices of the PPA, with online registration, timing and seeding by RaceTec. Starting time is 06:00 and 07:00. Register by clicking on the route option below.
The closing date for Online Registrations is
Tuesday 25 January 2022
- Collection of race numbers on 28 January 14:00 to 17:00 at Bicycle Garage, Laborie Centre, Paarl.
- Collection of race numbers on 29 January 10:00 to 15:00 at Chris Willemse. Cycles, Willowbridge, Durbanville or the office of the Cape Town Cycle Tour in Avenue de Mist, Rondebosch.
- Entries close Tuesday 25 January at 09:00. Late entries will be allowed only if the limit of 2000 participants has not been reached.
- No late entries will be accepted at registration or on the race day.
- Masks to be worn before and after the race.
- Cyclists will take off in an easterly direction in front of Huguenot Primary School in General Hertzog Boulevard, and will finish in Blouvlei Road in front of Huguenot High School.
- Proceeds of the race go to Paarl Rotary projects focusing on early childhood development.
- If you wish to stay over, visit https://paarl-wellington.co.za/accommodation/ for accommodation options.
- Should the race be cancelled due to statutory reasons, cyclists will get 80% of their entry fee back.
- Riders who entered for the cancelled race in January 2021 will be automatically migrated to this race so need not enter again. -For enquiries, contact Racetec.